Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Thumb Drive Love

I carry several Thumb Drives in my coat pocket (along with pieces of paper, lighter, notes, money, keycard, car keys, pennies I find on the pavement, other coins, receipts, and a bunch of other stuff I have no idea what it is). They are always there, my security blanket. I should add that to the 6 weird things about me. I need my Thumb Drives. I used to carry a couple of zip disks in my purse. And before that I had at least two xacto knives in my purse. I need my tools with me. When I purchased a gig Thumb Drive last year I felt I had reached the pinnacle of all that was of technology that I needed to be. I had the same feeling when I purchased my gig card for the digital camera. But to own a 8 gig Thumb Drive, well, where would my head be then? 23 Things to Do With a Thumb Drive. This reminds me of a conversation I had with a very wonderful friend 20+ years ago in a newspaper graphics art department. We both agreed that we won the lottery that we would not buy cars or furs, we would purchase a color copier to have right in our homes!

D is really, really wanting of these, mimobot designer character Thumb Drives from mimoco, and they are the most fun thing I have seen in awhile. Found this delicious link via Yatzer, Design to Share.



I want Imation's USB bracelet that I could have and wear. SB Sound Flash Drive packs integrated speaker. Yeah! Real Thumb Drive. D also wants this Swiss Army knife combo.



Rubber Duck. How to make our own Lego Thumb Drive and it's own blog. Pez memory sticks. Yum on a stick. Thumb Drive on a landyard. And the ultimate, having my own Thumb Drive with my logo on it or better yet, why don't our companies give these for Christmas presents?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the chances I'll ever see the thumb drive I loaned you last year? It's not even a cool one.

Kim Carney said...

Rick, you can go on ebay and bid on it with the rest of them ;)