Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Self-Portrait Challenge - 02.13

Sometimes I feel like I don't belong in my surroundings. I feel out of place, too friendly, too loud, too silly, too honest. My Texan drawl makes me stick out like a sore thumb. I want to see and smell big green horse pastures. I love the smell cow manure, dirt filled arenas. I long to see highways that seem endless or smell an approaching thunderstorm. Soak up an endless star-studded, horizon-to-horizon sky. I always feel like I can breath when I look out to a flat blue sky. I remember driving from Dallas to San Angelo and stopping on the side of the highway, the only car there and laying the the hood of my car to watch the night sky. I would do that just about every trip. Sometimes, I feel lost. Sometimes, I miss home.

Me in black and white, against my painting of a Texas thunderstorm for a Self-Portrait Tuesday. Running a little late this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is sooo cool, i love your black and white self against the color! you have such a talent with this stuff! i am a jealous person right now. hope you get home soon!

kelly barton art + design said...

oh....i feel what you are saying chickie! love this spt. but then again, i always love you posts!

Tara's Art Camp said...

this is amazing kim, I love you being in black and white with a colorful background, very symbolic.

Colorsonmymind said...

Wonderful effect.

Makes me want to give you a big hug.