Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Dead Seas

Listen to this piece on Open Source on my ride home tonight. "If you thought the oceans covering two thirds of the earth's surface were exempt from climate change, think again: Oceans are getting hotter and higher, more acidic and less hospitable to everything from minuscule zooplankton to lobsters." You should have a listen. Of course, I cried at the thought of my son never seeing a coral reef alive and full of tiny creatures. I kept calculating in my head, will I be alive to see this, if it comes to pass? But it doesn't matter, if it does happen, our children will have to experience it and that is even a worse thought for me. And I cry some more.

I used my new Dover Sea Life I purchased the last month but never even opened the book! Also bought this and this.

1 comment:

Nicole Florian said...

Very suggestive image!