Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Book Of Past Love Momentos

Time flies when you are in love! I can remember making the sweetest Valentines for M's classmates. Making cards for his dad from him. Thankfully, D keeps every piece of love he has ever received from us in a special book.

He and I would make these books as memorials books for friends who had friends or family who passed away. Someplace to keep cards, and a place for hand written sentiments. I love these books, I probably should make us another since it looks like this one is overflowing with love. ;)

So for all of you new parents, make one of these for the wonderful gifts you will receive from your child! It will be priceless in years to come.



Here is my quick and dirty directions to the memory book. Have not made one in awhile, if you have any questions, email me. You can add the blank pages or not. But don't skimp on the flat sacks. You can make notes on each sack or I have even printed on them before. Use a heavy, hand-made paper for the front and back covers. We have used small old wood or driftwood for the binding, make sure it is not rotting and is worthy enough to withstand drilling. Drill through the wood ... and I have marked the pages and punched them. Getting them all to line up is the tricky part. It is a great Valentine present.





And stuff stored in that book.





5 comments:

kelly barton art + design said...

how fun!
thanks for the reminder of
childhood valentine's day!
how are you?

Kim Carney said...

I am good, just stressing a little over my week facing me ;) trying to have some fun today ;)

jill said...

That is the sweetest thing ever... It's all about Tradition. And that I can get behind!! Fun? What's that? I gotta get me some of that!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I'd like to start one off with wedding cards and then go on from there. Maybe we can find driftwood on the beach we got engaged on. You are a constant inspiration.
Happy V Day!

Shelley Noble said...

Awwwww. Great idea!