Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Daily rant?

P.S. I finally a good rant for today: Republican Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and Paul Gosar of Arizona have been given committee assignments for the new Congress, after being booted from their committees by Democrats and some Republicans for their incendiary remarks, sources told CNN. 

The House GOP Steering Committee on Tuesday agreed to place Greene on the House Homeland Security Committee, which has jurisdiction over the border and will likely play a role in potentially impeaching Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. 

And Gosar got a seat on the House Committee on Natural Resources, where he previously served. 

I watched the greatest series this morning ... 2 episodes, count them, TWO. 

It was a homegrown USA series show about Special Agent Will Trent was abandoned at birth and endured a harsh coming-of-age in Atlanta's overwhelmed foster care system. Determined to make sure no one feels as he did, he now has the highest clearance rate. 

It is smartly written, well done, great, interesting characters, great plot. What is the problem you ask? Well, there were only TWO episodes in the season, but no mention of a 3rd episode! 

 

I might be forced to get the audible books. I really loved it and now I want to know where the rest of it is for us fans out here that are dying for intelligent TV. 

Okay, this MIGHT be a trailer for episode 3. Keeping my fingers crossed. I guess this is not a rant after all.

Rant two has been solved. The other day on my iPhone, I saw an ad for weight loss gummies that featured Oprah. And I thought to myself, when do these people have enough? Instead of pushing silly weight loss bullshit on the world. Well, now I feel badly because when I was investigating I ran across this. 

Oprah Warns People That Her Name Is Being Used Without Permission to Sell Weight Loss Gummies 

She ought to be able to sue that company big-time because they are clearly using her image without her permission. So I take back my insult that ran through my head that day. 

Not a rant, but a recommendation to mystery fans ...  Big Sky on Hulu, I thought I saw it being recorded on my television. Maybe David recorded it for me but I never watched it until last night. It also has good characters, great plot, series full of old country & western music classics.

I made the kids dinner last night and didn't mess it up! Roasted chicken and garlic mashed potatoes. I had made the girls some cupcakes to decorate because they had mentioned that the day before. Of course, Mason wanted to make her own vanilla icing so she could come up with an array of colors using food coloring. We made a plain powdered sugar icing but she said it wasn't fluffy enough. So we made a cream cheese, butter and powder sugar version that was to her liking and they went to town. 

I boiled that chicken carcass down to little bits and pieces of meat, and cooks the giblets for the picky Pixie. She had two meals that she actually did not turn her nose up at.

So my rants ended up not being rants, but just boring stuff that I have blogged to remind myself that I am still here ... blogging about life.  Oh, my S-I-L is probably retiring soon and is talking about writing political stuff. She is a fantastic writer for a New Mexico magazine. I said ... I WILL BE YOUR INVESTIGATOR we both whooped with delight. I mean how much fun would that be? I could actually have a legitimate reason for stalking people and looking up silly crap on the internet all day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim Will Trent is a network series on ABC. It plays on Tuesday night at 10:00. I think it’s also available on HULU after it airs regularly. It’s been great so far. I really love it and the little dog.

Joanne S said...

Oddly enough I was trying to watch this episode of the show but the volume on my tv wasn't great so I could nt hear what they were saying- I intend to read the books.

LindaSonia said...

Agree I too am loving the Will Trent series and that little doggy is adorable!

Kim Carney said...

I know, I feel terrible for not being patient! Episode 3 on last night.

But Season 3 of Big Sky is feeling very boring