Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Being mobile

I blew through January without accomplishing a thing. The month is a wash, I am glad February is here. I can hardly remember Thanksgiving or Christmas and now January will be a blurry memory of trying to figure out how to get my political shows on Roku. Thank God for Netflix, because I have just  had Dateline, or old Agatha Christie mysteries going on in the background. Now I am listening to The Midnight Club while I drink my coffee.

I have been making sure to feed the birds. They are so happy and chirpy back there, it is fun to hear them going on and on.

On recommendation from my friend, Robin, (her new book, rain, is coming out soon) I am making Smashed Sweet Potatoes today. I hope the snappy music is playing while I am cooking them LOL. I have a abundance of onions so I am thinking French Onion Soup. (Even when you think they are brown enough, they are not, keep sauteing). BTW, speaking of food, I think I finally ate too many Daikon radishes the other day (if you know what I mean) :0

 

I wish I could buy this leaf mobile by Jan R Carson, Moon Lily Mobiles. How spectacular, delicate, love the colors. But since I am in the "getting rid of phase of my life" like Joanne mentioned the other day ... I would hate to spend that kind of money. 

I was thinking Mason would love one for her new room, but what if she didn't. Expensive mistake. After watching to video about how she makes it, I understand the cost.

 

 I guess I could make my own come next fall.

Mattie O. has her own beautiful version of a leaf mobile.
I am considering buying this Butterfly Mobile by Atelier By Ella for my S-I-L for her birthday coming up very soon. If I am serious, I need to do it soon, as the seller is in Croatia.
 

No comments: