Friday, January 13, 2023

Noted

I love this video by Jeremy Lee, chef!

  

I had the BEST dinner last night.  4 slices of sour dough baguette, two with Sundried Tomato Bread Dip, two with Queen Charlotte's Pimento Cheese, a delicious little bundle of Sweet Red Peruvian Peppers (colorful and unique pickled Peruvian peppers with a small teardrop shape and bold, zesty flavor accented by a tangy-sweet vinegar marinade. Bite-sized with a powerful punch, these pickled peppers are sure to be the next pantry staple), a few olives, a generous bowl of my favorite Daikon Radish Relish, a few slices of radishes. Later I had a small bite of the small New York Cheese cake QFC had on sale for $2.00. I was so full and so satisfied!

I have been eating bell peppers and hummus and avocados (but I ran out of Lea & Perrins ... I always put that on my avocados) most of the week. I never see Pimento Cheese in the store anymore.

Oh, and if you watched “Three Pines” from Amazon Prime Video you might find this interesting - Explore the world of Three Pines.

Because I am losing my HBO Max today, I have been watching lots of it. I am getting nervous about losing my cable today, I know, I know, that is very silly. But I have all of my political shows recorded everyday, all of my favorites ... trying to figure out where else to watch them might be a challenge. Unfortunately, I never watched House of the Dragon or finished up His Dark Materials. I powered watched The White Lotus (just so-so in my opinion),  a good movie was Let Them All Talk with Meryl Streep, Candice Bergen and Dianne Wiest, The Menu was a weird movie. I will lose my BBC America. Anyway, I have a few more hours to rush through a few more.

 

4 comments:

beverly said...

Lots of movies come out on dvd pretty fast check with your library as they may have them.

I thought Three Pines was good but I have not read the books so can't compare.

Love the foods you are eating and as always thanks for all the links you share.

Beverly

Kim Carney said...

You are right!!! I have not been to the library in a while, TIME FOR A VISIT! thank you!!! I know I really splurged on those peppers at QFC, $8 for a tub of them ... but it was so worth it ;)

Joanne S said...

I often think I should have kept the DVD player. I could watch things.
I am considering Amazon Prime as they have most of the PBS catalog.
But I more than likely won't do anything.
Well, my tooth is waking from it's Novocaine Slumber- Time to hit the couch.

Kim Carney said...

Joanne, you should get a DVD player. we have one, but then we have 100's of DVD's ... I bet you could get a great one cheap at, a garage sale or marketplace on facebook?