Sunday, September 04, 2022

Unhappy passengers

Passengers used to tell me all the time, "I am never flying this airline again". I would click around on the keyboard and say "there, you can never fly on this airline again". 

I learned so much as a ticket agent and station manager for a commuter airline in San Angelo, Texas and DFW, Dallas. I learned lots of patience. I learned how to help people and go out of my way to get their bags. I used to deliver lost bags on my way home after work. I learned that people can be very nasty, but some people can be very nice when facing disaster. I always bent over backwards to help those who were not hateful and nasty. That will always get you so much further, being nice. 

Weather delays were always the most fun. We did not deny boarding too many times, but I really have a chuckle when they do that.

Bonus point: never pack anything valuable in your luggage. Read the very small print. It says airlines are not responsible.

 

  

 

No comments: