Friday, September 09, 2022

Ah the joys of being pregnant

Pregnant was not a good look on me as it is some women. I know many women and most of my friends LOVED being pregnant. NOT me. Tired, bloated, incessantly peeing, mood swings, nausea, and tender or swollen breasts. I drank a gallon of milk a day to settled my stomach. I threw up all the time. I sucked on grape popsicles and drank lots of grape juice. I think I wore the same pair of pants for 4 months. At the end, nothing made me happy, especially trying to get dressed. 

This is how my brain works. Elizabeth Taylor popped into my head this morning. And I thought "does she have children, I can't remember?" So I googled it. She has 5. Then I thought, I don't think I ever saw photos of her pregnant, I wonder if her ego made her hide away while growing into a whale shape. But I was wrong! She was a vision when she was pregnant. My mom had special outfits made while she was pregnant. They were so elegant. 

But all of this goggling landed me on this: The Evolution of Maternity Style. I am always shocked about how much maternity styles have changed, equally shocked when I see it all "hanging out" ... but that is just ole fuddy-duddy me.

I am stuck on quiche and Daikon radish relish (with carrots and jalapeno) this week. Have gobbled up a big batch of the relish with every meal but man, does it stink up the refrigerator! Think Kimchi but stinkier! I spotted small tubs of crab and shrimp on sale yesterday at the store (I am sure, previously frozen, quick sale for $5 and $3). I grabbed them thinking David might like something a little different. I just nibbled on mine as an appetizer. David made an Asian noodle dish with the crab. Anyway, it was nice to have something a little different without a lot of work. 

I think David is going to try driving today. Getting a little stronger every day. 

We must have smoke in the air because the sun has a red glow to it today. Early morning sky looked very orange. (I was right).

I love that Prue Leith on The Great British Bake off always looks so very chic. Older woman CAN be hip, colorful and cool. But this stuff does not come cheap.





No comments: