Thursday, September 22, 2022

1883

David and I binged-watched 1883 for two nights. 1883 is an American Western drama television series created by Taylor Sheridan that premiered on December 19, 2021, on Paramount+. The series stars Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Sam Elliott, Isabel May, LaMonica Garrett, Marc Rissmann, Audie Rick, Eric Nelsen and James Landry Hébert. The series is a prequel to Sheridan's series Yellowstone and follows the story of how the Duttons came to own the land that would become the Yellowstone Ranch. The series consisted of ten episodes and concluded on February 27, 2022. 

Taylor Sheridan, the writer is a little too pretty to be taken seriously. But HE is a good writer, I will admit it after watching 1883. I tried to get into Yellowstone and after a few episodes I just gave up. David does not like it either. As he said, there is not one character you want to "root" for, they all seem like rich, horrible, spoiled people. Maybe I should give it another chance. 

All I really need to say is 1883 features Sam Elliott! And has that Lonesome Dove vibe. 

 
 

No comments: