Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sticker shock

I try to be patient with prices skyrocketing. I cost me a fortune to fill up my car, as it does all of us. just waiting for it to go down, if it does.

Meat is outrageous. But I am trying to move away from meat, bacon, and steak.

A can of chili has more than doubled. 

Cheddar chesse. 

It can cost us over $30 at McDonald"s or Daily Queen to get the kids those horrible tasting chicken nuggets they really like.

But today, I was MORE than shocked to see that Half & Half cost $8.49 at my local QFC which can be more expensive than most grocery stores because of the location. I bought the Darigold, 1 QT for $4.99. Will definitely need to start shopping some place else. Safeway looks more reasonable on their website. I might call tomorrow to just check out of curiosity.

3 comments:

Joanne S said...

I just got up to get today's grocery ticket---light cream $3.29 for small carton. 4 pounds of sugar was 2.79 (last week there was ZERO SUGAR.)
I still spend $ 146 and have hardly anything to eat..........But did get 8 prepared dinners for husband to eat and 8 candy filled yogurts for him as well..........I got bread for me- toasted cheese sandwiches and a tub of hummus.. I'll make white rice and frozen vegetables. Empty the freezer.

Kim Carney said...

every time I go to the store, it is about $80.
The store clerk winced the other day when she was totaling every up and said, I hate to do that now (hit the total key). I said "at least radishes are still $2.49 a bunch". We both nervously laughed

LindaSonia said...

Totally agree food prices are outrageous!!