Thursday, March 31, 2022

Johnny "Guitar" Watson

How could I have forgotten Johnny "Guitar" Watson? 

I rediscovered him today, and the perfect day to so. I listen to and sang along with the songs of my teens, I remembered every song, every word. It made me happy today, a day I was feeling so very sad. 

I told David about him, knowing he would remember and he said "I have his album right here" ... of course he does.  

Well, I won't forget him again!

“Johnny Guitar” Watson, was an American musician and singer-songwriter. A flamboyant showman and electric guitarist in the style of T-Bone Walker, his recording career spanned forty years, and encompassed rhythm and blues, funk and soul music. Watson recorded throughout the 1950s and 1960s with some success. His creative reinvention in the 1970s with funk overtones, saw Watson have hits with "Ain't That a Bitch" and "Superman Lover". His highest charting single was 1977's "A Real Mother for Ya".

   

 

1 comment:

Mage said...

Gosh that's nice stuff.