Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Sweet packaging from the past

Just visual cleanser after all the bad news this week. I need some beauty. I need some oohs and ahhs. I need to think about what happened to packaging and promotion, it has definitely taken a dive. I was just going to throw out the images for enjoyment because I have a vicious sinus headache this morning. But then reading the descriptions are so interesting ... I feel badly if I don't. Identifying when I can. 

"EDWARDIAN Antique 1914 Colgate & Co. White Rose glass perfume is in its original box with patterned embossed paper label which says White Rose 93% Ethyl Alcohol Colgate & Co. Perfumers New York-USA with original stopper with C&Co. molded in the glass and a remnant of silk satin ribbon around neck of bottle. The original box has gorgeous Arts & Crafts Jgendstil Art.Nouveau logo labels with US stamps on bottom of box...the beautiful labels on bottle and original box with tax stamp

The event was known as “The Thousand and Second Night” and the gardens of his home were filled with lanterns, tents, and tropical birds. Designer, Poiret himself dressed as a sultan and each of his guests took home his new perfume, “Persian Night”.

 
Heliotrope extract??? , interesting
 
 
1896 L T Piver perfume bottle le trefle incarnat. I am so in love with the clove-shaped bottle cap.

I once owned this exact bottle. I am not sure where I got it from, but I am pretty sure it ended up at the Goodwill ;(

I have this bottle. Mom had it for many, many years and I don't know what to do with it. It is one of those things, like many in my life that I have looked at my entire life and find hard to give away. I am not sure it is really worth $350. Vintage Joy De Jean Patou Paris Store Display Perfume Bottle. PS, mom's favorite perfume. I bought her a bottle once a year ;)
Another object of beauty that I looked at my entire life on mom's dressing table. This perfume bottle, there was an entire set setting on a mirrored tray with a couple of matching jewelry boxes.
 

 

No comments: