Saturday, March 12, 2022

Sundried tomatoes and radishes

I am having some strong food cravings. Radishes. Sundried tomatoes spread, a good bread and balsamic vinegar. Olives and feta cheese. Can not get enough of any of these things.

How to make: Still can't get enough of sundried tomatoes

Try these tips for the pros to make sundried tomatoes from fresh tomatoes at home in your own kitchen for extra satisfaction. Ideally use ripe tomatoes, roma tomatoes are a good choice as they have a ow water content. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and lay on a baking sheet with parchment cut side up. Sprinkle with sea salt or Italian seasoning and lay in the midday sun so the tomatoes can lose their water. 

The salt acts in combination with the sunlight to dehydrate the tomatoes so that they are dried. You can put your tomatoes in the oven on low heat over time, but the results won't be the same. Keep an eye on them because if they are dried too long that lose their flavour. When they are ready you can store them in a jar with olive oil. Packed in oil with Italian seasoning of garlic clove and fresh herbs they will keep for months and months are will be always ready to use. 

You can buy them not in olive oil.  Or in olive oil 

I want to make some Sun-dried tomato chutney 

Sundried Tomato and Olive Relish 

David bought me some Tomato Jam for Christmas. Or I could try and make my own Easy Tomato Jam

Radishes are inexpensive, crunchy, peppery and fresh. I have really been eating lots of them. I really have turned into my mom, eating radishes and watching cSpan 

How to store your radishes to keep them fresh. They can go weird very quickly if you don't put a little water on them. I thinly slice them and put them in a little water. I eat them down quickly.

Quick Radish Salad Easy pickled radishes Sweet and Spicy Pickled Radishes 

Doesn't this look good? Avocado cream on five-grain toast with chermoula and radishes

No comments: