Tuesday, March 08, 2022

I want a refund

I am such a sucker for new products that pop up on my FB feed. 

The other day I saw a microwave egg poacher and bought it straight away. I was soooo excited to try it out. Matt makes Eggs Benedict all the time. We have these silicon egg cups that seem easy enough but I would love something simpler. 

Matt tried it out on Sunday and it was a failure. So I must have watched 15 videos about how easy it is to make fail-safe poached eggs, on stove top and microwave. 

I tried to microwave an egg this morning using one of the instructional videos, barely editable. 

David reminded me of the egg cups that take 3 minutes on stove top. I said, but if I could conquer the microwave version, it would only take 1 minute. (He reminded me that mom tried this all the time with no success). He said ... it is one skillet, filled with water and boiling them for 3 minutes. 

I pushed back that it was an unnecessary amount of pots and stuff to clean. That you had to wait for the water to boil. I laughed. He was disgusted with my lack of cooking enthusiasm. Although, I am going to try to make Thai chicken coconut soup tonight and try out the Instant Pot.

Another refund story of the week. I was cleaning out my email and discovered an email I had sent over and over the a cosmetic store that I had not received my 47-11 cologne order from the end of last year. I sent them  numerous emails. They apologized and told me it was on the way. I kept checking the tracking and at one point, it just said could not track.

I wrote them again the other day and demanded a refund. Now, mind you, It was only $20 purchase, but you know, it is the right thing for them to do. They could plainly see nothing had been delivered. So the sales person told me they could not refund because it had been such a long time. I reminded them I had been emailing them for months about a refund.

I went to every one of their social media outlets, Instagram, Twitter, FB and left several post about how disappointed I was in their lack of response. I opened a BBB complaint, although, they are an international company so I doubt that would do much. I looked up  reviews  and left lots of bad reviews. We went back and forth via email, and I told this girl, I will hound you with bad reviews and post until I get my refund.

Yesterday I received an polite email asking it they could refund to the same card I had used for the purchase. Why, yes, I said, that would be wonderful,  thank you very much. Why did it take all of that energy to have them set right a wrong?

2 comments:

Jerez Sherry said...

Credit card company? Mine is on that in record time!

Joanne S said...

So...next time I want to complain- will YOU do the job on whatever company has wronged me?????? I loved everything about this story. Yes, my credit card company would have refunded and then collected themselves. First thing. But not all of them are that interested.