Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Self-Portrait Challenge 10.02

Don't hate me for I am about to tell you. I come home every night with some delicious meal ready on the stove top. Not thanks to my culinary skills, but my mom ... who tirelessly conjures up with new and different dishes to feed us.

My favorite is Mexican food, as a result, we get lots of it. Tonight was Tortilla soup and some other bean, cheese, chili casserole which was delicious.

This week, we have been glued to Ken Burn's The War series, so have been eating many meals in front of TV. Lots of times, I just eat standing up in the kitchen. Boorish, I know.

Some of my favorites memories concerning food are nights coming home from a date. All lights off except the stove light. And there, with a towel covering it, my plate full of great food. waiting for me!

For more food stories, visit Self Portrait Challenge.

Self Portrait Tuesday 10.02

9 comments:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

love this...especially the memory of a plate waiting for you...

(i want that casserole for lunch!)

Kim Carney said...

Hello Liz!

hollibobolli said...

I don't hate you - but I'm ridiculously jealous!!! GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!

Darnit - I wanted to watch the Ken Burns documentary. I'm going to have to catch the rerun. I know it's got to be just amazing.

Papersome said...

Dear Kim, your experiences are absolutely adorable!! and what a see in the photo, it must have a delicious aroma...

Anonymous said...

No hate - but boy can I conjure up a daydream about coming home one day to find your mom lovingly working away in my little kitchen! Really a lovely post.

New to SPC, nice to be aboard

Anonymous said...

Are u sure your mom doesn't want to come over to us? She's very,very welcome ;-)

Anonymous said...

okay...
I Am envious,
but I won't hate you...

phlegmfatale said...

Gosh, I'm so excited about the thought of eating Dianne's cooking again in a few months. MMMMMM.... *sigh*

Kim Carney said...

hey holli, patricia, kimberley, judy, i am ... well, it does make me feel guilty that I have someone make my meals! ;) ok, not THAT guilty. Although, she is gone this week and I might have to re-introduce myself to the kitchen. I did manage to open a can of soup last night and cut a chunk of cheese!

Mom, if are you reading this ... we miss you.

HEy Rita, can't wait for you to be here. xoxo