Friday, October 19, 2007

High Wind

We had wonderful and wild wind storm starting at 2 p.m. yesterday. Although the prospect of trees falling across roads is frightening ... I still love it. I love extreme weather. And a wind storm here can be very scary and entertaining ... makes me feel totally alive.

I read Anne Dillard's "The Living" many years ago. A book about the arrival of the pioneering Fishburn family in Whatccom County in 1855. A window of how it would have been to live in Washington State, big, thick forrest, cold, windy days and nights. What would have been like to live in a small log home, comletely dark night with one of these wind storms howling right outside your door?

high wind

2 comments:

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

...and can you imagine living in some little hand built shack during those nasty west texas sand storms...YUCK!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful photograph. You know I love the ferry.