Saturday, October 06, 2007

Idiot Box Meme

S'mee tagged me for a fun one!

1. What TV show have you seen every episode of?
I am positive I have watched every episode of I Love Lucy. If not way back when, then definitely when Matt was younger. We watched Nick at Night and he knew I Love Lucy was one of my favorites. Now, understand, he did not realize it was my favorite from when I was a child ... it would come on and he would call out "Mom, your favorite show is on". I didn't have the heart to tell him I had seen that one at least 20 times, so we would sit down, watch and laugh out loud. The Flintstones, Bewitched, Leave it to Beaver, Ozzie and Harriet and M.A.S.H.

2. What show makes you laugh until you cry?
Definitely Seinfeld. That might be it, not wait! Absolutely Fabulous, Father Ted, Sex and the City ... have to check with my husband, he will remember what others. The Benny Hill show, way back when. SpongeBob.

3. What show do you wish had not been canceled?
"Dark Shadows" (I guess I didn't realize that was classified as a soap opera) ... was my absolutely fave as a kid, they should bring it, the theme song was the best. I would still watch "The Avengers", even 40 years later. I loved that show. I was Emma Peel. How could I not list "The Odd Couple"? "Mission Impossible". Seinfeld, I wish it had gone on forever! "Chappelle's Show", although I don't that was officially canceled, I think Dave took a trip to Africa. "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" ... should come back!

4. What show do you wish WOULD be canceled?
All AND I MEAN ALL of those reality TV shows ... The Bachelor (it makes me gag to think of that one guy hanging out in the hot tub with each woman at a different time whispering sweet nothings in her ear), the Loser, the Island one, the dancing one ... Ok, the two they can keep would be Project Runway and Amerca's Top Chef (and maybe the Designer one). But the others can go. The game shows, especially the one with the 101 girls dressed in silver mini skirts carrying metal cases ... fortunately, I can't think of the name of it right now.

5. Who is your favorite TV character, either past or present?
Endora, Elizabeth Montgomery's mother on Bewitched. I adored her, and wanted to be her and have her hair. Inspector Poirot, the new, spunky, brandy drinking Agatha Christy's Miss Marple and Jane Tennison in Prime Suspect. I also like Hazel and Red Skeleton (as a kid), the Marshal on Gunsmoke.

I had to go here to remember some of these show. And you who want to add your two cents ... and what is and isn't favorite on your dial ... list them and leave a comment so I can read yours!

5 comments:

S'mee said...

I forgot about "Bewitched"! I loved Uncle Arthur and Aunt??? the one who was always dizzy! LOVED her. Oh, and Mary the Tooth Faery!

I forgot about "Dark Shadows" too! First thing you had to do after school was sit down and watch! It was the best!

Same with "Odd Couple" and "Alfred Hitchcock"! wow, thanks!

Kim Carney said...

you have to have the tv.com to remember, and my husband, who doesn't forget those kind of factoids. ;)

dee said...

Oh! I loved Aunt Clara who collected door knobs-my favorite. She was a great actress.

Gael Fashingbauer Cooper said...

If all reality shows were canceled, no Bridezillas! However would we make fun of those awful women?

Kim Carney said...

OMG Gael, You are so right. How could I forget and neglect my fave show, which happens to be a reality TV show. Maybe because it seems so far-fetched that you are forgetting you are watching actual footage of someone behaving like that! Hope you are well ... miss you!

So everyone ... I am adding ... Bridezillas ... as one of my favorites shows that shocks me.