Friday, August 26, 2005

Hot Couture Fall 2005

I think I have been visually bored shirtless with the "been-there, worn-that" fashion mistakes rehashed the last couple of years. Not that I wear couture, but it is certainly fun to look at. And Fall 2005 is looking like a good season. For previews log on to style.com fashion show section.
Christian Lacroix, Style.com: "PARIS, July 7, 2005 – With their beribboned, jeweled-toe champagne slingbacks sinking into a white velvet runway, the myriad creatures of Christian Lacroix's exceptional imagination advanced into winter. Hair dressed in lacquered rolls, black velvet roses, sprays of crystal, and spiked with a carnation, each model wore an outfit more painterly colorful and romantic than the last."


Lacroix Runway from Style.com

Valentino, Style.com: "His dainty sable-trimmed tweeds and cream-color, draped satin day suits speak to a world the designer and his ladies cohabit in a style serenely untouched by time. Details will come and go—this season it's bows, a smattering of fringe, inserts of crystal embroidered roses, satin rouleaux ribbons, perhaps a hint of Chinoiserie—but essentially it's all a matter of lunch, cocktails, and dinner as usual."

Valentino Couture from Style.com

Basso & Brooke (shown below)Ready-To-Wear 2005. Christian Dior Fall 2005 is a little drag-queen? Cirque du Soleil performers in heels, senior prom dresses gone wrong, "Sex and the City" "come-hither" beige dress with midnight lace combo, it is wild, it is wonderful, outrageous, it is a must-see!

Basso & Brooke from Style.com

Others: Akris, Givenchy inspired by Morticia Addams from the Addam's Family, Elie Saab's collection a breath of fresh air in metal and jewel colors. Olivia Theyskens' stunningly romantic aesthetic with Rochas. Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquière. I could go on and on but I am hungry, go have a look yourself and tell me which couture collection is your favorite.

5 comments:

Balwearie said...

Wow.... the Lacroix collection looked absolutely wearable! I've always liked his stuff but I'd probably look a bit AbFab in most of it. This season, tho. Unfortunately, I'd be all dressed up and no where to go!

Anonymous said...

Fashion is one of the things I love love love looking at - thanks for all the links in a concentrated place.

makes me so so miss the Style with Elsa Klensch show that used to run on CNN.... loved it..

Kim Carney said...

Oh, yes, I soooo miss style with Elsa Klensch. That was my favorite segment, I would make time to watch it always. I miss it. I wonder what happened to her. Style.com is a great place to get an idea of what is going on.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim... speaking of Elsa Klensch, she's actually written a book or two...nonfiction since retiring from 'Style'. Live at 10:00 Dead at 10:15(got mixed reviews) is the title of one and another is not out yet - can't remember the title.

Anonymous said...

... make that 'fiction'.... oops