Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Team Regime (Paintballers)

When our son was completely into extreme skating, we invested in a skate park, thinking he would teach summer skate camps, work there during the summer, skate there for free, an investment in his sport he was so accomplished in for the future, in case this venture actually made money, it would be a fun investment for him, for his sport.
Then after 5+ years of skating, he gave it up. We were stunned, disappointed doesn't even begin to explain our feelings. Now he has taken up Paintball as a sport. I call it an expensive hobby. I am not investing in any paintball arenas. I miss extreme skating, as weird as that sounds. We would drive several states, looking for new outdoor concrete skate parks, indoor skate parks. We drove 4 hours every weekend to Winthrop because they had a great indoor skate park with owner/skaters that would help the skaters.
Now, I just feel like I am raising a 'sniper'. He is obsessed with paintballing, sits and reads paintballing magazines for hours. Studies paintballing videos. So, trying to be supportive (but not to the extreme of an investor), helped him design a logo for his T-shirts for his upcoming tournament (novice/13 and under). I am proud of him for taking on those challenges. But concerned about the aspect of him 'shooting something'. Well, maybe he can have a career in the FBI? Here he is with a Team Regime team member picking out logos for their T-shirts. (Reid, the other kid, Matt's best friend, and the cutest kid I have ever encountered). They all are paintballers. They love it. And they are challenged.



And I took it upon myself today to design my own version for Team Regime logo today (I do have a fetish about that little 'shape' this month).



I played Pixel Pusher the other night while the 'Team Regime' members were here designing their logo, having me change colors, move type, change the font. This is their favorite that they designed and will be on their tournament T-shirt.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 16yr old son has also expressed an interest in paintballing. I totally agree with you regarding the expense and the whole "shoot-em up" issue. My "Poor deprived boy" (hehe) will not be going anytime soon on my dime.

Anonymous said...

all three of my sons were into paintballing in their teens ... now that they are young 20's ... not another thought about it ... and they are all well adjusted (though I worried about the shooting stuff as well) ... it must be a teenage guy thing. Great logo!

Kim Carney said...

That is a relief. I guess the down side is that they sneak out and "practice" in the back yard, make a big mess. Last night I found them with the trash can jammed into the hydrangeas, and that was the limit. I said no shooting hydrangeas!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday my son came home from school and since it is getting near school end there was a party/dance after school. One of the boys was showing off breakdancing,,,,, so later on, guess what,,, I found my son with the radio on loud, trying to break dance in the living room with all the furniture moved aside. So, it's fireworks, paintballing, and breakdancing,,,, what's next!!!

Kim Carney said...

Girls!

Anonymous said...

and cars!!!!! oh my!!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel as if I've missed out on the fun by not having a boy. Things around my house were not quite as exciting as all this. Loved the part about them sneaking out in the yard and shooting they hydrangeas. My sister's son gave up football and she too felt stunned and sad. She really loved watching him play every Friday nite. Of course in Texas what else is there except Friday nite high school football.