Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Foto Feast

I have been pleasantly distracted by photos, macro photography and peonies lately. I love flickr groups that one can submit their work to. That being said, I do not consider myself a photographer just because I own a digital camera - more of an experimenter. There seems little is left that isn't documented by someone and their handy digital. I have been showing my mom the beauty of Flickr tags, she can search out photos of Scotland if she wishes a walk back in time. But how many photos do you think they have stored all ready?
There are so many sites to view old photos, they are always my favorite. I know I have probably mentioned a few of these before, and you have too, but some things you just can not mention enough, agreed? Found Photos, based on file-sharing (here is a little blurb) is interesting but not dated photos. Just goofy stuff off of peoples digital cameras. Much older collections at Time Tales and some from Argentina at Foto Encontradas. A very touching here from Top Left Pixel of a man and his dog. More embracing photos at Round Here like this wonderful seashell meets sea. Geisha girl photos, beauty of traditional Japan found at Retrolounge, a jumping off point for lots of great visuals from the past (you must click twice on the links). Sacred lotus photographic documentary. And a flying chair with butterflies.
Then there are these reminders of our shameful history in the form of mugshots of Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King.

No comments: