Sunday, December 11, 2011

A good day

God, I am tired and not quite finished. Just think, I haven't even done the shopping, wrapping or Xmas card yet. ;) 

Here is my good day .... I got an IM from my friend Christina, who I believe to be my angel ... an angel who loves me. And when I hear just a couple of words from her, I feel like a bright light has lifted me from the dark. The same happens when I talked to Kathy and Maggy. The internet has been very, very good to me. And that makes me very happy and thankful. I have people that love me and I don't know why I deserve it, but I am so glad they do.

I had a good Skype conversation with my best friend. She is a therapist and thankfully, never charges me a dime for all years of advice. We had a short conversation about the "upside" of "down-sizing" that is helping me let go. I love her so much and I know she loves me back the same. She never reads my blog so I can say anything I want and she will never know. ')

I am almost finished with the Christmas decoration. I am thankful. My knees are thankful. My back is thankful. I confess, decorating for Christmas feels empty with no kids in the house. My son assures that this is a first for all of those "empty" feelings and it will get better. :0 Husband agrees ... I "bah humbug" to them both and keep moving forward.

My son stopped by and picked up Christmas decorations that I will be giving away. As we talked ... I realized how "just" he is. He is such a moral and righteous person. I am so thankful for that. Smart and blessed with a whole lot of common sense. He might not be going to college right now, but he is working in a good job and learning real life skills. Maybe to his detriment, his dad's and my morals have been instilled in him genetically or orally. He probably watched too many PBS specials. We probably talked a little too much about politics from the Democratic point of view. I listen to him and know he has a good heart and intentions. I couldn't be more proud.

And I finally took a shower.  And that made everyone thankful. :)

No comments: