Sunday, December 04, 2011

Unlit!

Berries on sale at Albertson's so I am making a Pavlova today. Going to experiment and make a chocolate version. All by myself! Mom will supervise. 

I have some fun news about something I submitted for a contest (will tell all later) and am trying to write up a little bio about myself today. And must take a decent hi-res photo of myself, with makeup, hair combed, preferably no in my 'jams or house slippers. 

Have so much "real work" to do today that my head is rather aching. Working on that all weekend.

Giving Maggy the "before" tour. I have the trees sitting there, just waiting for lights. Call them papa, mama and baby trees (thanks to Gerrie). Now for the mess that happens to get the ornaments and lights to the trees! Moving and packing up regular decorations for Christmas ... all this work? Kids have all ready bought their presents and I haven't even made my list yet. Well, it will all get done in time, right?

And to get me into the Christmas spirit, this wonderful poem from Something Undone - If You Met Santa Claus is perfect.






3 comments:

Maggy said...

Many thanks for the 'before' pics! Love that big tree in the last photo; can't wait to see it w/ all its adornments :)

Was that a Brantler I spied in the 2nd photo? Ooooh ... !!

Pour yourself a glass of vino, put on some great tunes and have fun decorating.

xo.

Kim Carney said...

yes a little experimental brantlers ;) my fave!
still need to work a little bit more then wine coming soon

I feel my knees aching just thinking about hauling boxes from basement ;)

Shelley Noble said...

Such a gorgeous home, Kim. And the flaky chewy chocolate Pavlova looked outstandingly good.