Saturday, June 09, 2007

So Smell This

I stood in the shadow of the parking garage ... a chilly breeze pushing me backwards a little, the sun shone brightly just a couple of feet away and someone was mowing the grass over the hedge. The scent was so delightful, I stayed very still, my eyes closed and breathed in as heavy as I could. This was the closest I had communed with nature since I started working my new schedule. With cut grass scent heavy in my brain, I felt good. Content, for the first time in many weeks. I am not the only one that loves cut grass smell. I could wash my clothes with cut grass. I was thinking of all the scents I adore like tuberrose, sweet peas, peonies, grass, honeysuckle!

I might need to buy some of this, Urban Decay Fragrance or Grass by Demeter. Reading fragrance descriptions are as entertaining as wine.

The Perfume Bee

Woulld Smell As Sweet

Perfume-Smellin' Things

Frangrance Directory

Now Smell This

Fresh Cut Grass Fragrance Oil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought a bunch of scents from Demeter. If you go to their website, they have lots of scents available in a 0.33 oz bottle, For $3!!! I picked up honey, fig, beeetroot, black pepper for myself and some more as little just because gifts for friends. I wore their Wet Garden at my wedding. I think you would love that one. It smells like lilacs after a rainstorm. or Flower Show which is more of a floral shop smell.

Kim Carney said...

Oh, Rachel ... those both sound great ... plus fig and black peppper ... thanks, am definitely going to experiment. I am always afraid to purchase a scent online ... but with that recommendation ;)