Thursday, January 06, 2011

Private viewing

It might take months to navigate through the wonderful post and links at Private Library! I can't even think straight while looking at this blog. My mind jumps from one wonderful word/topic to another wonderful word, like Canterbury Tales Project ... ah, then I see Bibliography of English Poetry 600-1900 ... oh, but look, there is a Exile Bibliophile link and the wonderful blog. My eyes will not listen to me, when I say, just focus.

Shelley, I think Miniature Book Society is a place for you! Below a are few 2010 book awards winner images. OMG, I think the making of a miniature book is in my future.




I wonder what the history of the book will be with the introduction of e-books. Where a leather-bound book, smelling musty will not be found in a battered box in some attic. Instead. A cold electron thing packed up, with the words locked up inside. I feel sorry for those in the future. Not to say we won't be reading, we just won't be holding the book in our hands. I hope that is not the case.

1 comment:

Benjamin L Clark said...

Thanks for the mention! I too LOVE the Private Library and know exactly what you mean buy having a hard time focusing on just *one* thing when visiting.