Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Silverplate and mismatched china

I have been collecting "stuff" for as long as I can remember. Especially, china, wine glasses, dessert plates, bowls, teapots, floral, mismatched (viola in particular) tea/coffee cups, saucer and plates. So when I began cleaning up the china cabinet and started thinking "I should get rid of most of this stuff". And that started a whirlwind of clearing out. I am probably not in the best mental state to sell and give away stuff. But once you start taking things out and making a pile, it is hard to go back.

Patterns in Silverplate

Bill has a great blog, Affordable Accoutrements, sharing tables he has set in the most spectacular way. Where does HE keep all of his china, I wonder?

I wish I could make one of these chandeliers like Madeleine Boulesteix. I am trying to figure it out.

Looking to reuse something

Trying to find something to make out of all the old silverware I have. Made a lot of noise the other day hammering spoons out. Not sure that is what I want to do with them. Maybe enamel them and hang them on the wall?

What to do with all of those mismatched cups and saucers? No candles! I am trying to figure out a way to make them into a couple of vases. Shoot them for stock photography - but then I am still stuck with them?
Floral plates? A cake stand, I could use the cups, saucers and plates!
Delicate Japanese tea sets?
Wooden chargers?

Contact a photographer for them to use in shoots? I could just give them back to the Goodwill and let someone else discover them. ;)  And start collecting other dusty stuff. Decisions, decisions.

mismatched!

mismatched

mismatched

mismatched

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love love these photos Kim. Good luck with making decisions. Remember “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful” These cups are beautiful!!

Kim Carney said...

hmmm. about 1/4 and 3/4. I could lighten my load quite a bit.
1/4 not be be useful ;)
That could included lots of pants i can not fit into anymore!

Thank you!

kim said...

Google Anthropologie "One lump or two lamp", then look at this:
http://vintagerevivals.blogspot.com/2010/10/crafting-with-starswinning-tutorial.html

LOVE those chandeliers. Love love love.

Kim Carney said...

OMG. could I? A drill? a rod? a light fixture thingy? That is adorable!