Sunday, January 02, 2011

A spoonful of collections

Okay, this new date is really messing with all my drafts ... I keep forgetting to change 2010 to 2011 and it post in 2010 ;0

Collections of 50 at LA Times Magazine via Anthology Magazine.

I found 6 spoons in my purse yesterday that I had purchased in Idaho when Ruth was here. I can't resist these cute little spoons when they have some delightful designs on them. I have a small collection. The Dallas, Texas spoon I bought for mom's stocking many years ago. I think I am going to hang it in the kitchen. It is my favorite of this Texas-girl-at-heart! And the little goose, moves up and down so you can see a little golden egg underneath her.







A New York collection. And the Growers Daughter has a nice collection.

The dangerous place of The Spoon Collectors Online, although, I like finding mine at junk stores.

I love these Spoon Boards

A nice piece about Souvenir Spoons. I am ALWAYS on the lookout for anything with Indians, Indian heads, Native American, cowboy, buffalo and of course, anything Texas! Uncle Sam, and Seattle

You could make your spoons useful! Or hang them neatly in a row on the wall. Just a thought, you could wear them on your head? More delightful collections.

2 comments:

Natalie Thiele said...

Love those spoons!

Kim Carney said...

Thank you Natalie! I want a good way to display them in my kitchen ;) So I can enjoy them everyday ;)