Saturday, April 08, 2023

Unearthing treasures and political shenanigans by a supreme court justice

There is a reason that I should not do anything before I finish my first cup of coffee. I nearly cut off the tip of my middle finger while cutting Pixel's roast beef. Thankfully, it was my left hand because I have lots of vacuuming to do today. I got all the mopping done yesterday. 

Yesterday I woke up to the sound of trash collection trucks! And I FORGOT TO PUT THE TRASH OUT! I ran to the door to ask them to wait and spied my trash and recycle there where it belonged! My very sweet neighbor, Matt, had noticed I forgot and took it out for me! He regularly brings my cans in when he is bringing his up. I bought them a gift certificate to a local restaurant yesterday. I mean, how thoughtful he is.

Unearthing t-shirts that are rather a scrapbook of your life! Many Skatebarn competition t-shirts (one I did for them when we were weekly visitors), of course when Obama was elected, lots of msnbc redesigns, SND Boston tea party, even a Seattle Pi wh (what’s happening), lots of Seattle Times and one I made of Matthew when he was in a skating competition. So, do I put them back in the box? So hard to let go!

Steve Schmidt if always perfect in his commentary. 

 

"General gut feeling" 

 

I want to make this 

Serves 6-8 

INGREDIENTS 

• 14oz / 400g pitted Olives* 

• 1/3 cup / 80ml good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus a drizzle extra if you need to loosen up the marinade a little 

• 1/4 cup / 20g very finely diced Fresh Parsley 

• 4 fat cloves of Garlic, peeled & thinly sliced (around 4 slithers per clove) 

• 1 small Orange, peeled into strips with a vegetable peeler 

• 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar 

• 1 tsp Dried Oregano 

• 1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes (can reduce if not good with spice) 

• block of Feta and slices of toasted Ciabatta, to serve (optional)** 

Another recipe also calls for Sun-dried tomatoes

METHOD 

•In a large shallow dish whisk together extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, oregano and chilli flakes. Toss in olives, orange peel and garlic. 

• Cover and marinate at room temp for at least an hour, tossing every now and then if you can. If you're marinating longer than an hour, marinate in the fridge. Bring to room temp before serving so the oil loosens up. 

*Go for whatever kind of olives you fancy. You can use all the same, or a mix as I've done here. I tend to use pitted olives, just for the marinade can work its way in and around the olive. Also just make sure you get fresh or brined olives, not ones that are already marinated. If using brined olives just drain away the brine first. 

**Place a 7oz/200g block of feta on parchment paper in a baking dish. Drizzle over some of the marinade then bake for 15-20mins at 200C/390F, or until the edges turn golden and it is very soft to touch. Remove feta using parchment paper, then serve on a plate surrounded by olives. Serve with toasted slices of ciabatta. DO NOT BAKE WITH OLIVES. JUST BAKE THE FETA, THEN SERVE WITH MARINATED OLIVES. 

Thinking about what I can make while Kate is here.

This sounds good - Herb and Goat Cheese Baked Egg Boats Stuffed Cucumber Bites [with video]

YUM! Walnut Blue Cheese Salad
How to make a Mezze Platter

No comments: