Saturday, April 01, 2023

Hot hummus with a movie

Note to self: No more three pepper hot humus. The fresh bell pepper helped a little but ... 

I am so thankful the sun is out right now. Feeling a little blue and depressed. The sun will help. Feeling very poor and alone. I know if I file an extension, I have to pay the government what I think I might owe them based off last year's taxes. I found the return from last year and we paid $17,000. Think how much more money I paid in taxes that trump? It really chaps me. If only I had a yacht or private jet to write off. We use to write off computers and classes and equipment. But not anymore, thanks to the donald's tax reform. 

Anyway, I take the Abraham Hicks's approach to money and just be thankful that I might have the money in the bank to pay it. My friend, Robin, swears by Abraham Hicks. 

This is really fascinating - The man who discovered the 'abyss of time'

 

Watched a pretty interesting movie, Best Offer, psychological thriller with a twist.  

"The film tells a story of love and deceit, set in Europe - in the world of ultra high-end art auctions and antiques. The story revolves around Virgil Oldman (Geoffrey Rush), an ageing, wealthy, and esteemed, but somewhat standoffish and eccentric, managing director of a preeminent auction house. Oldman is hired by a mysterious young heiress, Claire Ibbetson (Sylvia Hoeks), to auction off the large collection of art and antiques left to her by her parents. Claire always refuses to be seen in person, suffering from severe agoraphobia and never leaving her room. She decided to trust Oldman though as he suffers himself from OCD. Soon enough Virgil, a lifelong bachelor who is able to relate to her reclusiveness, understands that he has fallen in love with her. "

I also rented a movie called The Ritual Killer. It had  Morgan Freeman in it so I thought, it could not be too bad. I was wrong. Wait until it is free.

   

SHAME ON 60 MINUTES. I am afraid I will never watch them again. David and I use to complain that they did not do any deep dive into trump presidential crime spree and always seem to let him slide. This time they have gone tooooooo far. Leslie Stahl is interviewing MTG and even promoting it on Twitter. Giving that Qanon believing, violence promoting nutjob a platform to spread her insanity. Honestly, I am just appalled and disgusted.

 

Oh, if I had money to burn, I would own several of these beautiful coats by IaArtStudio on Etsy. 


 




No comments: