Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Perfect garden

Matt fixed the trellis where the massive honeysuckle fell down a long time ago. It had taken root where it had fallen and we pulled it up, roots and all. The small roots are exposed and the new growth is looking very sad. We cut it away so severely to get it up. I hope it is just in shock right now. If it dies, I will cut it down and plant a new one. I am very sad about that. 

I pulled some healthy pieces up with good roots and we planted them in a corner where the big tree was cut out. They are looking great!

The roses have all ready bounced back after having the honeysuckle sitting on it for some time. And I see little tips of Japanese Anemones popping through the dirt. I have pruning back the Mock Orange that I had no access to. It will never look like it did before, gardens are always changing. This one had changed massively throughout the years. 

 

  

 

2 comments:

LindaSonia said...

The few glimpses of your backyard look charming ... they look like a view I always hoped for in my own backyard but never accomplished. Now it's too hard to do the work. Sigh.

Kim Carney said...

LindaSonia ... thank you! it looks nothing like those photos when the honeysuckle was there and the tree was. it resembles more of a desert now. And YES I agree ... it is overwhelming to think about doing the kind of yard work I did in the past to keep all of that up. I hate getting old!