Friday, June 10, 2022

Mending

Saw this book title and thought of Joanne, Mending Life, looks like a very interesting, fun book. Now I just have to start "wearing" clothes so I can wear a hole in something to mend.

Which then lead me to this book, The Mending Directory: 50 Modern Stitch Patterns for Visible Repairs
Mending Matters: Stitch, Patch, and Repair Your Favorite Denim & More
Joyful Mending: Visible Repairs for the Perfectly Imperfect Things We Love!
patagonia stories post - Mending Life - The joy, meditation and quiet rebellion of fixing your clothes by hand.
How To Mend Your Clothes At Home Creative Mending: Beautiful Darning, Patching and Stitching Techniques 

This jumper is adorable.

Darning, Embroidery, Applique Repair & Remake - Japanese Craft Book
5 Tips For Mending Your Knitwear and her Instagram on mending is beautiful

4 comments:

Joanne S said...

Just adjust your wardrobe to basic good stuff you love to wear and then wear it and wear it and pretty soon you'll need to start mending all of it. I find a new worn out spot every week and then decided how to fix it. One sweater is 60% mending.

Kim Carney said...

That means I would have to ditch my sweatpants and change clothes every day? LOL

I have a few linen pants that need mending, I will start there

LindaSonia said...

Really love this form of mending - soo artistic looking

Kim Carney said...

I want to do a sweater!