Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Luciously loose!

Victoria Semykina - A playful approach to illustration imbues this Bologna-based illustrator’s work with mystical sensibilities. 

"I have always struggled with being loose enough in my drawings, so therefore, my main goal in my approach has been to liberate myself. Surprisingly, the main thing people point out in my work is its looseness, which I am still trying to embrace. 

Aspirations: In my dreams, I like to visit an old abandoned library in the forest, full of strange but mesmerizing illustrated books. I often take some of them with me in hopes they won’t disappear when I wake up, but they always do. The only way I can add these amazing books to my bookshelf is to draw them myself. Maybe in the next ten years, I’ll manage to fill at least one shelf of my dream library." 

Her website and Instagram, more amazing work here.

 








2 comments:

LindaSonia said...

LOVE every one of these illustrations!!

Kim Carney said...

me too!!! I literally "whooped" with delight. I am jealous of someone who has that kind of talent!