Saturday, June 18, 2022

Black attic greek vases

This is such a great idea - Greek Vase Scratchboard

Black attic was my favorite subject in art history! I wanted to do Greek pottery figures dingbat icons but I think someone has all ready done it now.

Students work:

 

  

  

I found another - Greek pottery … minus the clay "I made a fun display with these babies! Each kid received a tan piece of paper, a black piece of paper, and a Sharpie. They created Greek vase shape (I put all the different kinds up on the SmartBoard), then cut it out and decorated with a Sharpie. Finally, we glued the pots onto a black piece of paper and put them on display in the hallway. I LOVE this! The kids really got into it and did all kinds of decorations. Some chose to make pictures of daily life, while others chose to make geometric patterns that are often seen in Ancient Greek pottery. I thought it was funny seeing how small some of the kids made their vases… I gave them a massive piece of paper! A couple kids decided to make two mini-pots after thinking that their black pieces of paper looked awkwardly big with the teeny, tiny vase on it."

Greece Unit: How to Make a Grecian Urn 

Jonas Wood take on a Grecian Urn

No comments: