Saturday, June 11, 2022

Chic, colorful comfort

I love the easy, comfortable, colorful, eclectic style of Lucinda Chambers, a British fashion director, designer and stylist. She worked at Vogue for 36 years altogether, working her way up to the post of fashion director. She was also fashion director for British Elle, working there for seven years. Alongside her two business partners, she created the luxury brand Colville, which launched in 2018. 

Apparently she was fired from Vogue and talks about it here.  

At home with: Lucinda Chambers: "We’ve lived in West London for probably 30 years now. What’s great about Shepherd’s Bush is it’s never got chichi. It’s still got incredible personality. I like the house because it’s got layers and layers of love and memories. Every now and again I think that it looks like a little mad person lives here, and then I do a bit of a clear out. It’s funny, I’m not really sentimental about stuff but I will suddenly notice the cobwebs are flying from something that hasn’t been moved for 20 years and then I will move it." 








  

Over the past 20 years, British Vogue’s well-travelled former fashion director Lucinda Chambers has filled her house near Toulouse with an eclectic mix of colourful flea-market finds

2 comments:

beverly said...

You find the most interesting sites. I love everything about this one

Kim Carney said...

Thank you!!! I loved her descriptions of her own home. It was refreshing