Sunday, May 15, 2022

TMI

I just took a long, much needed shower. I know I should not reveal these things, but you guys are my friends and since I don't have many friends that I talk to on a daily basis, I am just going to say it out loud. Getting old is horrible. Demeaning.

I hate that I have lost my eyebrows. Grey hairs make me look like I have no eyebrows. Always buying new eyebrow color, brushes, powder, etc to try them out.

Before jumping into the shower, I checked in with the 4x mirror (DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE) to see what is going on with my mustache and peach fuzz beard. And guess what, it is all there, mustache, stiff hairs, 1/2 in long! I remember at one moment checking my mom's mustache when she was stuck at that horrible rehab place, and saying out loud "Jesus, Mom, you have a full on "fu-manchu"! It was said for us to have a laugh, but I don't think she thought it was funny. I think about that now, as I grab my tweezers and go after my own mustache. That was really mean and belittling.

So I tweeze and I have a little shaver I use when I am desperate. I wonder if that little shaver makes hairs stiffer, but at this point, I don't care.

That taken care of, I jump (delicately, lift leg over tub's edge) into my shower. Hot water feels so great. But this horrible, yeasty smell emerge from under my boobs and between my toes. Sometimes I use rubbing alcohol between my toes to clean out the smell. And I scrub hard to get it all gone. Think to myself, it has not been that long since my last shower.

I scrub my legs and feet with a textured glove but that does not seem to work getting rid of the dry skin. When I am drying off, dry skins pools up on my feet and I try to get rid of it.

I now slather my body with Trader Joe's Lemongrass Coconut Body Oil to combat the dry skin. I have a special Clinique moisturizer for my face.

My friend just called and I was reading her my blog post she said I shouldn't tell the world these things. But the world is not all over 60 and needs to know these delicate matters that is going to be their future.

My other bother is on my panty line. It gets irritated and I put a high-powered cream on the area. But why? Why is it irritated?

So growing old is not just changes in eating, sleeping problems, eye-problems ... much more. Smells, itches, and hairs where they don't belong. It is all very vexing.


No comments: