Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Still cooking

I made another quiche the other day. I am finding it have breakfast, because it is right there, ready to go. This time it turned out a little fluffier than the other. I added one more egg, not so much cheddar and feta as before and added spinach, bacon and a some diced ham. It is pretty hearty.

I the couscous salad I made the other day was a flop and I am disappointed. It just did not taste like I remember, not appealing at all. Funny how your taste bud memories can trick you.

I made Vegetarian Chili that mom made all the time. I loosely used this recipe then David sweeps in and fixes all the spice requirements at the end to make it perfect. It is such a satisfying meal, with cheesy cornbread. Lots and lots of beans, we always add more beans than the recipe asked for. Winco had canned beans for 68 cents each so that recipe popped into my head. 

I bought a couple of pears after I bought some crumbled blue cheese. Can't have one without the other.

 

No comments: