Thursday, May 12, 2022

Collections

Interesting article about collecting at Remodelista. 

'According to Martha Stewart Living alums Fritz Karch and Rebecca Robertson, collectors can be neatly divided into 15 personalities. In their new book, they devote a chapter to each type, along with the astonishing results when pack rats put their finds on full display. The two–who happen to be seasoned hunter/gatherers themselves–note that too often beloved objects are squirreled away out of sight; the authors’ mission is to show how rooms come alive when dozens of pressed glass plates or vintage toasters or found feathers are masterfully brought out into the open.'

I think David and I might be considered 'containerists'. Because there is not a wooden box we will not buy and collect. Containerist collectors gravitate toward vessels of all sorts; this one built a pyramid out of Hermés boxes–a display that doubles as storage. Photograph by Dana Gallagher.

My husband collects vinyl records

I have a very small stamp collection I started way back when we lived in Malta, Scotland and London. 

My Mom had a good start on a coin collection from all of her travels. Of course I have my sand collection

20 Totally Unexpectedly Cool Things to Collect as a Hobby

Mason has started a rock collection.  

Seeds seems like a very productive and fun thing to collect. 

David brought my M-I-L's spoon collection home with him. It is still packed up, but I can't wait to see it. I only collect spoons with American Indian images on them. You can buy some really nice ones on Etsy or Ebay that are not that expensive. 

David collects small, wind-up toys but I think the kids have destroyed most of them,

We have a great collection of wind-up music boxes. David gives up all one in our stockings for Christmas.

Robert Kime collects everything worth while 

 

Some interesting houses full of collections of "stuff" 

 

  

  

  

 

No comments: