Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Never shop when you are hungry

Another update: After letting the soup set and meld for awhile, the dried mushrooms really did taste good.

Update on soup. I combined a couple of recipes. Used Brandy. I think the dried mushrooms that someone suggested to add "depth" actually makes it taste a little dusty. I think it needs more salt but I am going to wait on that. Too bad David hates mushrooms because he is usually the one that finishes up the seasoning on all things cooked here. All and all, pretty good. Will wait awhile until I have a "meal" if it.

 I am feeling very proud of myself. I made another quiche and used some swiss that was going south, some other cheese that wasn't looking too good, a bunch of ham we bought for Mother's Day Eggs Benedict, the last of my spinach. The lunch meat drawer and cheese drawer are looking nicely cleaned out. And then I started thinking about dinner and Mushroom Soup popped in my head. I really miss mom when I get hungry. All I would have to do is think it and she would have it made, always delicious.

I think I am going to make this Apple, Goat Cheese and Cranberry Salad (but I will use Gorgonzola?)

And I have some pears, I am definitely making this, probably will use pecans because I know I have some. ROASTED PEARS WITH BLUE CHEESE, WALNUTS & HONEY Spinach Salad with Pears, Pecans and Goat Cheese
 
 
I am about to go make some Creamy Mushroom Soup
Can't decide which recipe I am going to follow, they are basically all the same. 
 
 
 
And lastly, I saw this Roasted Hasselback Butternut Squash. I bought a small squash to experiment with. It says it is for holiday meals, but it looks good.

No comments: