Monday, May 16, 2022

A joy ride

It is the most wonderful day out, too nice to come straight back home after picking up my "little village". 

It was so lovely driving around. Everything is green, flowers are out, trees are blooming, birds are happily flying around.  I didn't want to rush right home. I was in the area close to a Goodwill I frequented back when. It must have a ceramics school somewhere close because it always had handmade, signed, wonderfully organic bowls. Lots of them. They did not have any today and even worse all the prices were really high. I mean, most of the stuff there should have been in the garbage. But nevertheless, it was busier than any major department store. I purchased some alphabet stamps, probably for the grandkids.

Dropped in Fred Meyer to buy a couple of Cosmos. 

And right across the street was Baskin Robbins and I thought, Hot Fudge Sundae for brunch sounds good. Listened to David Sedaris' Carnival of Snackery audio book. I think people either love or don't get David Sedaris. My mom was the later. I would make her listen to some hysterical book and she would just stare at me deadpan, saying "He is not funny".  

"These diaries remind you that you once really hated George W. Bush, and that not too long ago, Donald Trump was a harmless laughingstock, at least on French TV. Time marches on, and Sedaris, at his desk or on planes, in fine hotel dining rooms and Serbian motels, records it. The entries here reflect an ever-changing background - new administrations, new restrictions on speech and conduct. What you can say at the start of the book, you can't by the end. 

Sedaris has been compared to Truman Capote and Tennessee Williams, Lewis Carroll and a 'sexy Alan Bennett'. A Carnival of Snackery illustrates that he is very much his own singular self." 

I noticed many new car colors out there on the road. Some I really loved. I tend to love the greens, they have some good names for them. I also love this flat gray, called "Lunar Rock".

So now the sun has gone back behind the clouds and it feels cold again. So I am glad I enjoyed my couple of hours of escape I am back at home to agonize over what room I should be cleaning but reading about what stupid thing Madison Cawthorn has done today. This coming from a guy who likes to "grab them by the pussy"



I discovered this sweet couple on YouTube, Kirsten & Joerg exploring the world, mostly Britian. If you can't travel and see the world, at least there is YouTube.  

"This place shows you parts of our life here in the UK where we moved 6 years ago. Originally from Germany, we've always been Anglophiles. Kirsten has a Master's degree in English literature. But at the same time we love Germany and miss our families. 

We travel on weekends & when Jörg has time off so we can create videos (Kirsten: "I'm now a full-time YouTuber & content creator")! Our YouTube channel offers escapism and hopefully also gives you some ideas which places to visit here in beautiful Britain. We love sharing the odd recipe as well, shopping trips & our house that we are still renovating! Never stop dreaming!"

   

 One more recommendation. "Woman in Gold", I watched in Tubi or I also found it on Amazon (freevee)

.  

Well, I had to cough up $1,300 om out old Subaru out of the auto repair. This, after I got a citation for not having up-to-date tags. We did not receive a notice this year and I mean, who really goes back there and checks the tags? I hardly ever drive the car anymore. But the officer said, sorry, you need a ticket. Plus both brake lights were out. He did not ticket us for that but once we had it at the auto repair, he discovered a hole in the radio and something else with a break pad? I applied to have the penality reduced, stating that I was guilty of the violation but on a fixed income and could they reduce it a little. They denied me and requested I apply for Zoom meeting with the court. Screw it, I just paid the ticket. But now it looks like we have a clogged toilet today. It always comes in three's or seven's. I hope it stops at three this time.

2 comments:

LindaSonia said...

the joys of aging in yesterday's post made me laugh out loud. I am in that club and can definitely relate, but I will NEVER be making all that available for public consumption - Heeeee!!

Kim Carney said...

ha ha!!!! I know, I told a couple of friends and they were horrified (for me) LOL I probably should have thought that over a little longer