Sunday, December 13, 2009

My lesson to myself

later that night.

So tonight when we were laughing about me posting my terrible hair-do photo online, my son was telling me he had written his English paper about just that. Last week he "interviewed" me for a paper for English. So horrified, I said, I hope you didn't tell your English class I never shower and have really bad hair days. He said no. But he said in his paper that when I was happiest in my paint pants, a polar fleece jacket and my hair was always in a mess. That I didn't really care what people wore. That I didn't judge people by what they wore, but by their character. Wow. My son said that! And my son recognizes that. That is huge for me! Maybe we did do something right. ;)

4 comments:

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

awwww...yes, you did!

jill said...

So sweet he is... I adore your relationship with him. OHHH, and once again you remind me so much of my own mom (but you are WAY younger, obviously!!) She was a true artist as well, and had hair just like yours and would have DEFINITELY posted it on her blog, had she ever had one!! Hee...

You just make me smile!!

S'mee said...

my heart is smiling a bit right now... : )

Tara's Art Camp said...

How great is that! :)