Thursday, December 17, 2009

Going, Going, Gone?

Been up since 6a and not at work.

Last week I was meant to be on vacation for a couple of days to get ready for Christmas. The trees have been standing tall in a dark living room for weeks. No ornaments. But I FORGOT I was on vacation because I am so preoccupied with a big project at work and school final. Forgot. My own vacation.

I decided to transfer that vacation to this week ... but because of that previously mentioned big project, had to cut it short a day.

Here is the sad bit. Yesterday, during a meeting someone mentioned Christmas being next week. I sat stunned. "Is that possible?" my mind was asking myself while I tried to conjure up a monthly calendar in my head to see the relationship between that day and the next week. So, yes I am losing it.

In panic mode now. I will be dressing the trees today but with less ornaments than usual. We are going to call this the "scanty Christmas" and get on with it. Try to produce some sort of Christmas card. Some shopping? Some cleaning? Some holiday-making? I have 4 days.

4 comments:

S'mee said...

yikes, that was me last year. Oh well, you'll get through it and it will be just as memorable! It's a holiday to celebrate the birth of Love right? Gather the family, share some love and laugh about forgetting the whole shebang!

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

oh girl... i suggest you scratch most of what you mentioned and use the little free time you have to do something that will nourish you...take a nap...make some art...go see New Moon (if you haven't already)...

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

oh and by the way...my family seems to have a big fight every xmas because we try too hard to do too much...so this year...pizza it is! i kid you not...we decided to order pizza...

Tina said...

Yikes! You absolutely need a vacation and one so exciting and memorable that there's no chance you can forget. A weekend getaway to Portland or Vancouver? An art date for New Years? Something peaceful and easy.