Monday, December 14, 2009

Lost art of proofreading

My friend Susan sent me this in email today ... gave me a chuckle.

Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says
No crap, really? Ya think?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
Now that's taking things a bit far!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
What a guy!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Miners Refuse to Work after Death
No-good-for-nothing' lazy so-and-so's!
------------------------------------------------------
Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
See if that works any better than a fair trial!
----------------------------------------------------------
War Dims Hope for Peace
I can see where it might have that effect!
----------------------------------------------------------------
If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile
Ya think?!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
Who would have thought!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Enfield ( London ) Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide
They may be on to something!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges

You mean there's something stronger than duct tape?
----------------------------------------------------------
Man Struck By Lightning: Faces Battery Charge
He probably IS the battery charge!
----------------------------------------------
New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
Weren't they fat enough?!
-----------------------------------------------
Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft

That's what he gets for eating those beans!
-------------------------------------------------
Kids Make Nutritious Snacks
Do they taste like chicken?
-------------------------------------------------
Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half

Chainsaw Massacre all over again!

3 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

I have been known to say blunders like these, oh well! Don't laugh!

dee said...

You always make me laugh out loud-and so early in the morning....all alone...in front of a screen...the family questions my sanity.
By the way, my hair looks very much like yours in that photo. Were we separated at birth? You got the pretty genes though. Since I sleep on a Japanese buckwheat pillow the hair kind of plastered to the back of my head.When I grow up and become rich and famous, I will have a personal hairdresser...sigh

Kim Carney said...

I wonder if buckwheat pillow does less damage than my pillows on the sofa where I have a tendency to fall down and fall asleep ;) must look into that.

And ... if I looked good in Bald, i would shave my head for the ease of it all ;) xoxox Dee!