Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday Morning

My mom ask for some cards to give out at her church so I had the opportunity to use a couple of my flower images. I print out as many as I can get on the Epson Matt paper. I love the print quality of that paper. I use my scoring disc to make some blank cards. I put double-sided tape around the edges on the back of the image (and I leave about 1/4 in white around the image) and try to leave at least 1/2 in white space on the card. Voila, you got yourself a card.

I made mom some cards

I participated in a Round Robin that lasted almost a year. I submitted the art I had begun in last year's ArtFest Janet Cooper class. We exchanged our pieces the first night at ArtFest and all the results were fantastic. I wish I had the foresight to take pictures of the art that came through my house. I realized I am not very good at Round Robins!

Round Robin finish!

Viola Labradorica is blooming in the yard! Once you plant that little rascal ... watch it, it goes everywhere. But I considered it like the mint that takes over ... I want it everywhere. My favorite gardening task is pulling up mint. The scent that lingers on your fingers is all worth it. Peonies are popping up but I am seeing black spot and blight on a few. I wonder if I should move some of them this year? I know you aren't suppose to move them, but I am thinking splitting and creating another bed. They are really crowding their small bed.

Viola labradorica

I must unpack and clean up from my return from ArtFest. I spent my first few days playing. And now that I am back on the hamster wheel of work, am feeling the need to get organized. Well, that would take me years. Maybe I will just start with putting up my clothes ;)

No comments: