Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Harnessing Energy

I am so full of creative energy right now but instead of starting some new, I decided to finish up projects hanging on the walls of my studio.

"Like A Lark". Title came from vintage music sheet that Hope (loved meeting her) gave me at ArtFest. Thank you, Hope. Nest I made from sticks and papers I received last year from ArtFest, bird from a wind chime, old screws from the kitchen remodel and I painted the top interior red, twigs from the lilac that died in my yard,

"Like A Lark"

"Like A Lark"

"Like A Lark"

7 comments:

T2 said...

How true it is that once returning from an event like Artfest that we'll dig out unfinished projects, disorganized shelves and so forth. YES, harness that inspiration and energy while it lasts, Kim. You can probably guess what Susan and I will be doing this weekend in the studio.

Amy said...

It's a beautiful piece, Kim! If you could bottle up some of that energy and send it to me I could totally use it these days :).

kelly rae said...

holy crap, kim. i love this. love it. are you selling it?

Ro Bruhn said...

This is really lovely, Nina B would love it too.

Monique said...

Kim that is beautiful and moody! A great piece...makes me want to go rummage through my messy studio!

Kim Carney said...

Thank you one and all!
Amy, you are using all of your wonderful energy to a much larger "masterpiece" ')

Kelly -- I haven't sold one yet, so far they have been gifts. But I am thinking of selling them ... ;0 but that puts the pressure on to produce them ;0

xoxoxoxxox Kim

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS Kim! Love the nest of mixed papers...!