Monday, December 27, 2004

Will The Real Henry Please Lift His Leg

My dear friend and co-worker (for 12 years) made these delightful papier mache gifts for his daughters. Are these dogs the cutest things you have every seen? (Also see the real Henry he has for inspiration!) Duane also made ME a life-size Pumpkin-Head papier mache figure for Halloween decoration. I was over-whelmed with joy at such a treasured gift. His wife, Susan, owns the greatest card shop in Shoreline, BEACH HOUSE. She has the most exquisite taste, at her house, in her shop, in her dress and her meals. One of the most memorable meals I ever had was cooked by her!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

Found your blog via Erica at Currently, so glad I found you. I am crazy about art and dogs....we have a lot in common.

I am in love with your friend dog, Henry. What a cutie. I am looking forward to seeing more pics of your dogs, as I am always on the lookout for inspiration as I paint contemporary dog portraits.

Best, Leigh

http://www.noisydogstudio.com

Kim Carney said...

Thank you for your wonderful comments. This is so fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks for leaving me a comment!--I also just signed up for the artist journal collaborative project and think your friend's snowmen are wonderful.
Any chance he is he willing to share his recipie?
:-)
Snowbear

phlegmfatale said...

OMG - that dog, Henry - is the cutest thing!!!