Saturday, December 18, 2004

4 more days of freedom

It dawned on me today at 3 p.m. as I was blogging and drinking coffee in my PJ's and house-slippers, that I only have 4 more days of vacation, BUT more importantly, 4 more days of getting Christmas finshed before I return to work. So tonight, I worked on a few projects. I spied in some magazine (can't remember which one) a vintage bottle with a photo inside. I was thinking I would do something like that for my sister-in-law. She always appreciates efforts like that. The rest of my family looks at me like I just laid a rotten egg. I scanned an old photo of her dad (now deceased) playing the piano. I also scanned the back of the photo since it had the date and a cool stamped logo and stuck them together back-to-back with double-sided tape. I rolled the photo up and inserted into the bottle. My problem is trying to get the double paper to unroll. It is a little tight right now. I ask my family for suggestions on this problem (see the puzzled look on everyone's faces). Also, I have been making flower lapel pins from vintage pink/white wool blanket for some close friends. I boiled them thinking they might felt some, but they did not. The ends rolled up and made a perfect petal effect. and I sewed beads in the center. It is all an experiment, just some little project to get my mind working creatively in a non-computer way. May also make a couple of stockings out of this wool fabric. It has a wonderul feel to it.





2 comments:

Nimbostratusdweller said...

I love the photo in the bottle! That idea could go far.......imagine, maybe you could shrink a person put them in a bottle and throw it in the ocean,,,a great find for someone to come across on a beach in Northern Siberia. I know just ,"who " we can use.....! Guess! Well, I admit that may not be feasible, but you see how one idea leads to another? Voodoo!
I have a few pics, do you have a few extra bottles?

elizabeth said...

that photo in a vintage bottle idea is a great one! i'll have to keep my eyes open for some vintage bottles (like i really need anything else in my house ;) i also love the flowers you made and i must say i am extremely jealous of your studio :)