Thursday, December 02, 2004

How babes party

I belong to a group of 12 women who meet to eat, drink and be merry. We call ourselves CHOW BABES and we experiment with cooking. Before CHOW BABES, we would say let’s get together but never plan or fit it into our busy schedules. So we made it an official event with a meeting time, every 2 or 3 months. The hostess chooses the menu and/or theme. The co-founder and I bought everyone monogrammed cooking aprons for Christmas treats. We decided on the dark red with khaki embroidery thread. (I had a big idea of making them myself, lasted about 5 minutes). Aprons arrived the other day, I was thrilled until I saw the monogram... "how Babes." Oops. The company I ordered has been very gracious about fixing the problem and expediting them back in time for our annual Christmas Tea gathering.
I also embarked on my first Christmas cd burning. My husband makes Christmas cd's almost every year. (I won't even tell you how many Holiday Albums we own). But this MY first iTunes collecting and burning. Somehow I moved the iTunes folder from the original location, hence, losing my husbands expansive playlist, etc. That got me nasty looks and grunts from the family room. Still trying to figure out what folder I moved, and where to move it back to!!!
I hope to make more music cd's this holiday season. My dear friend, Sherry Stewart provided the most beautiful winter photography which made me want to title the cd, WISHING FOR SNOW. The image influenced my choice of music.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As one of the "how Babes" and a recipient of these AMAZING gifts, I would like to say thank you in this public way for all your thoughtfulness. Kim ... you are the coolest. - Alana