Monday, February 27, 2006

Self-Portrait Tuesday 02.28

Self-Portrait Tuesday has been exploring "All of Me". Too much work lately. Not enough down time, play time, free time, alone time. Always feel like I am searching for the right key to open up my creativity that is locked in my head, screaming to get out. Sucked into the computer screen at work, working at break-neck speed for 8+ hours a day. All of me is feeling really none of me at present.

Self-portrait Tuesday  2.27

Self-portrait Tuesday 2.27

10 comments:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh my goodness. these are amazing...AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

I love those. Just wondering how you got your face all smooshed in the first one. They're wonderful.

Kim Carney said...

thank you both.
Elaine: I took one photo of my computer with a black screen and another with my face smooshed up against the glass of the china cabinet. I copy and pasted the smooshed face on the computer photo, reduced it, made a masked area of the computer screen, then added a little shadow around the edges to add depth. (I do this kind of stuff at work all day long)

Balwearie said...

Brilliant.... What a great thing to have on your computer at work! ;)

Anonymous said...

very clever... LOL

Anonymous said...

Those are so bizzare! Not what I was expecting at all but so very cool. What are you talking about "letting out your creativness"...these are awesome!
a.

Tara's Art Camp said...

These are very cool.

Oh by the way, my blog died!

Kim Carney said...

Tara! what happened to you blog???!!! was that intentional?

Anonymous said...

Such creativity! I am in awe!

phlegmfatale said...

Wow! Great illustration of your thoughts. I LOVE your glasses, too.