Sunday, February 12, 2006

Eat Up The Color On Kimono China

Some colors and combinations can be gleefully slurped up and eaten with a spoon; the textures, stitching and little patches are the dessert to be savored after. That is how I feel about these kimono’s found on sri threads via Karin Style Blog. This is how my mind works Kimono color/textures/patterns = China! Plates of patterns and colors, bread plate, saucer, teacup, all in these delicious colors! I wish I were a ceramist! Or at least had enough time/money to develop these idea that take a dive in my brain and swim around. Sheets from this inspiration, all different textures, colors, oh, it gives me a chill! And this would make up all the colors of my bedroom! It was just a year ago I was writing about the same thing, know your kimono - driven by the divineness of Sashiko! Asian Art by Kyoko has the most wonderful Indigo Japanese Patched Jacket.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, you MUST visit Japan. There's this type of visual stimuli everywhere...even wandering the 100 Yen Shop! People ask why I continue to return to Japan when I could travel to other destinations, but I'll never get enough of it.
Lovely post.

phlegmfatale said...

omg - that entire srithreads site is sumptuous!

Amy said...

Great links in this post! I love the colors and prints in that kimono and if I came across a set of dishes that looked like that I would be compulsed to buy them.

Anonymous said...

Oh the eye candy... thanks Kim! I adore kimonos. And China :o)