Saturday, March 04, 2023

Greyness all around

There is no horizon line today, only a rainy, foggy greyness as far as the eye can see. No water, no boats, no island, no Olympic Mountains. It is this time of year, every year that I start feeling SAD at its' peak. This is the time of year I started taking Bupropion (used to treat depression and to prevent depression in patients with seasonal affective disorder (SAD), which is sometimes called winter depression.) There is a constant drip I hear in the bedroom from the downspouts, constant thudding on the skylights. Darkness in the house all day. 

So yesterday my sweet little Pixie was suffering some tummy distress and had diarrhea all day. Every time I turned around, I smelled and went on the search. I am unfortunately blessed with an extraordinary "smeller". And of course, it had to be the carpet. So I spent the better part of the day with soapy water in a bucket and a brush, cleaning. I think she must have worked it out of her system, she feels fine today. All carpet in my house is destroyed because of years of dogs and needs to be replaced or I would be a little angrier.

Bri brought me a $10/20lb bag of bird seed yesterday from ACE and a bunch of suet they had on sale. Bri is going to go through David's books too, pick out some for her and maybe make a little free library at her studio for her clients. Apparently they always are talking about books. She is also busy trying to sell the comics.

I made the mushroom quesadilla last night and it was even better than I thought. So good, I made another for breakfast. I had also been really hungry for pasta and sundried tomatoes. I found one of those enormous Costco jars of it in the pantry. Will start brainstorming what else to do with it today.

I see products on Facebook feed that look interesting and immediately go look for another price. They are always twice as expensive on FB. Do you think this Electric Vegetable Cutter actually works? I am dying to find out. It would be a great little gift if it did. I don't know why I am so drawn to the chopper/dicers, but I am. I own a few.

I ran into this comedian, Micheal Yo video. It was hard to turn away after I started listening. 

 

I have been watching Death in Paradise on Prime. Trying to decide if I like it, but there are lots of seasons ... so ... I am constantly trying to find something I am intrigued by on Prime.

I want to see Everything Everywhere All At Once, it looks so i interesting. I might buy myself a viewing for my birthday ;)

 

   

In another life, I want to come back as Cate Blanchett. I really do not have star-envy except for her. She seems perfect, perfectly normal, perfectly beautiful, perfectly down to earth, perfectly talented, smart.

 

Documenting my boring life right now seems to be the only thing that grounds me to reality. So I am going to sign off and go about my cleaning. There is something suspicious going on in my refrigerator. 

I bought my friend one of these for her birthday, Wooden Aquatic Sculpture. Crafted with a keen attention to detail, this piece will easily catch the attention of your guests with its originality.


No comments: